Educational Pipeline Program Coordinator
Educational Pipeline Program Coordinator at the Netter Center for Community Partnerships, University of Pennsylvania
Part-Time Position for Academic Year 2019-2020, with an option to start summer 2019 (July 1-August 9)
The Netter Center for Community Partnerships at the University of Pennsylvania is looking for a recent graduate or graduate student to support the coordination of the Educational Pipeline Program (Pipeline), which operates in partnership with the Perelman School of Medicine. The Pipeline Program mentors high school students from grades 9 through 12, while teaching them topics in clinical medicine. 9th grade students learn gastroenterology; 10th grade, neurology; 11th grade, cardiology; and 12th grade, veterinary medicine.
- Coordinate program logistics that connect high school students and teachers to partners, including Penn’s Perelman School of Medicine, Penn School of Veterinary Medicine, and Penn’s Master of Public Health Program, Center for Public Health Initiatives, etc.
- Support the facilitation of recruitment, orientation, training and reflection of Penn undergraduate students in their roles as teaching assistants.
- Recruit high school students for Spring after-school program and summer program
- Support Pipeline Program evaluation with data collection and analysis
- Other administrative tasks (ex: maintain curriculum materials, procure supplies, and coordinate student travel)
- Bachelor’s degree (life sciences preferred)
- Previous experience working with K-12 students (in West Philadelphia schools preferred)
- Previous experience with Health Sciences Educational Pipeline Program preferred
Time Commitment: 20-25 hours/wk @ $14/hr. Availability during school day hours is required. There will also be a required multi-day training by the Netter Center throughout the month of May. Please apply by e-mailing cover letter and resume to email@example.com by 11:59PM, April 22nd.