Good Food Bag
Good Food Bags CSA at Sayre High School Garden
The Sayre High School Garden is a food sovereignty project of the Agatston Urban Nutrition Initiative (AUNI). From November through April, we offer winter CSA (community supported agriculture) subscriptions for a Good Food Bag — a weekly five pound bag of fresh, delicious, locally grown, and chemical-free produce — to West Philadelphia residents.
Each Good Food Bag contains a root crop, a vegetable, a cooking green, a salad green, a specialty item, and a newsletter that includes healthy recipes and food sovereignty tips. As a Good Food Bag member, you become a school garden partner, receive weekly seasonal recipes, and are invited to participate in workshops on growing and preparing healthy food.
* West Philadelphia is defined as west of 40th Street, east of Cobbs Creek, south of City Avenue, and north of Baltimore Avenue.
Pick Up Date and Location
- West Philadelphia residents can pick up their Good Food Bags at our farm stand on Tuesdays in the Sayre High School Garden (5800 Walnut Street) between 4:00 pm and 5:00 pm.
- We strongly encourage all partners to assign a designated representative to pick up their share if they cannot do so themselves. Otherwise, all unclaimed shares will be lost and there are no refunds. If you miss a pickup three times in a row without giving notice, your Good Food Bags spot will be transferred to someone on the CSA’s waiting list.
- Full Price Share (cash, check, money order): $45.00 monthly
- Low-Cost Share (SNAP/EBT, WIC, Seniors, and Prescription for Nutrition Health Center Patients): $25.00 monthly
- Work Exchange (Tuesdays before distribution when scheduled in advance): $5.00 credit
- Workshop Discount: One $5.00 credit per month for attending any of the G-Squad Growing and Cooking Healthy Food Workshops. Schedules can be found in the Sayre Health Center and the Sayre Garden Room)
- Full Season Share: $270 full price OR $150 low cost
Payments are due on the first Tuesday of each month, unless you’ve purchased a full season share. Payments can be made in cash, check, money order, SNAP (EBT) card, and WIC Farmers Market Nutrition Program (FMNP) vouchers. We will accept a combination if any two of these forms of payment. Good Food Bag CSA members are also eligible for a $5.00 credit per household/month in exchange for attending a minimum of one workshop per month or completing two hours of garden work per month.
Interested in becoming a Good Food Bag CSA member? Please e-mail CSA Nutrition Coordinator Justin Royer (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.