Happy Pride Month and Happy Juneteenth!
YQCA Program Components
All Young Quakers Community Athletics sports (Boys Lacrosse, Girls Lacrosse, Track & Field) share the following components:
- Regular athletic training by Young Quaker Community Athletics/Penn coaches and Penn student-athletes
- Sessions that are scheduled at the school and at Penn
- Sessions that include fitness training, skills development, competition, academic and mentoring time
- Competitive games for the K-8 students with other teams in the region
- Mentoring opportunities, such as those that focus on character building, promoting effort, leadership, responsibility, commitment, discipline, resilience, academic persistence, and college awareness
A typical Young Quakers session:
- 4:00 p.m. – Academic and mentoring activities
- 4:30 p.m. – Fitness warm-up, sport skills development, team-building & competition
- 5:30 p.m. – Dismissal
Annual Urban Youth Lacrosse Jamboree
Every spring, the Annual Urban Youth Lacrosse Jamboree brings together young lacrosse players from West Philadelphia and other urban communities to the University of Pennsylvania for a weekend of competition, team-building, enrichment, and fun. Players enhance their lacrosse skills while learning sportsmanship and teamwork. The university setting helps players envision themselves as college students and lets them work directly with collegiate coaches and athletes.