Anti-Racism Working Group
The Netter Center for Community Partnerships strives to be a justice- and equity-seeking organization.
Netter’s Anti-Racism Working Group (Netter’s ARWG) -- composed of staff, students, and community advisory board members -- was formed in 2021 to advance the Center’s efforts to further develop approaches, strategies, and actions to actively combat and ultimately eradicate racism in all its forms.
Netter’s ARWG is committed to identifying and implementing steps to realize the following core objectives:
- Examining and improving the Netter Center's internal practices, policies, and culture so that they more effectively promote justice and equity;
- Developing racially literate Netter staff, students, and partners with the knowledge, skills, awareness, desire and confidence to not only recognize and discuss racism but to act against racism;
- Creating safe spaces for Netter staff, Penn students, University-Assisted Community School (UACS) youth, families, and partners to engage in social and racial justice conversations;
- Creating opportunities for faculty, undergraduates, graduate students, and K-12 youth to become involved with ABCS and other community-engaged scholarship, focused on anti-racist policy and action;
- Partnering with other organizations on campus and in the community that are committed to anti-racism;
- Convening public forums focused on anti-racist action;
- Communicating Netter’s values and history to the public; and
- Measuring Netter’s progress on meeting the above objectives.