AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) members bring their passion and perseverance where the need is greatest: to organizations that help eradicate poverty. The most pressing challenges we face as a nation require the most courageous and creative people to address them. An AmeriCorps VISTA member serves as a catalyst for change, living and working alongside community members to advance local solutions.
University of Pennsylvania (College Access and Career Readiness)
This VISTA will support the implementation of College Access and Career Readiness (CACR) by addressing the following objectives: 1) implementing continued develop an employment asset map and resource recruitment plan to continue the CACR Employment Council and Employment Bank, 2) facilitate and coordinate undergraduate, graduate, and professional school students volunteers, and 3) continue to create a communication system that will institutionalize the work of the CACR Employment Bank and provide information and allow for feedback from all stakeholder groups through a school-based Employment Council.
Job Location: West Philadelphia - Sayre High School, 5800 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19139
More info: Contact Joe Brand firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a cohort that works to strengthen communication, collaboration and community in local Philadelphia schools. PHENND seeks 21 full-time AmeriCorps VISTAs:
- 16 serve as Community Partnership Coordinators at 16 different schools all across the city
- four work in the School District of Philadelphia main offices
- one VISTA Leader leads the group at PHENND’s office (must have one year of prior AmeriCorps experience).
About this project:
- This is part of an AmeriCorps VISTA project in which VISTAs are placed in selected Philadelphia public schools and offices at the School District of Philadelphia to help manage, develop, and track external community partners.
- About the school-based positions:
- The AmeriCorps VISTAs sought for this coming year will coordinate and facilitate partnerships between their school and existing and/or potential outside community partners with the goal of integrating their services into the school’s schedule and meeting major school needs, thereby ensuring that these partnerships are mutually beneficial, sustainable and serving students effectively. The VISTAs will work directly with administrators and teachers to ensure strong communication between and among external partners and key school leadership.