- Integrates service with research, teaching, and learning
- Works to improve the quality of life and learning in the community and the quality of learning and scholarship in the university through collaborative problem-solving, K-16+
- Fosters structural community improvement (e.g., effective public schools, neighborhood economic development)
- Emphasizes student and faculty reflection on the service experience
- Helps students become active, creative, contributing citizens of a democratic society.
Over 200 ABCS courses have been developed at Penn in a wide range of disciplines. In the 2016-2017 academic year, 70 ABCS courses were offered across 8 schools and 31 departments and programs, enrolling approximately 1700 undergraduate and graduate students.
For students currently enrolled in an ABCS course, click here for more information on transportation and clearances.
For faculty interested in teaching an ABCS course, click here for more information on available resources.
View current ABCS courses by department or program.